Friday, June 20, 2014

Life's A Beach

I just wanted to take a minute to stop and be grateful for everything I have. It is so easy to look at what other people are achieving and get caught up in the comparison game.  Especially as a product of the "Facebook Generation," I view everything in terms of how others will perceive it. I get sucked into a vortex of Instagram filters and retweets. Don't get me wrong, social media is fantastic. It's just not always real. You can perform whatever identity you want through various platforms and profiles. You can show the world exactly who you want to be. However, that can sometimes distract from what is in the now. Where you are now. What you have now. Who you are now.


None of these thoughts are revolutionary. In fact, many other people have pointed this same concept out much more eloquently than I am doing here. But bear with me because I need a little reminder. I just need a minute to breathe and to be. I might not have everything figured out just yet, but I have a whole awful lot more than a lot of other people and I want to be someone who focuses on the positives. I might not have a five year plan, but the sun is shining and the beach is calling. 

And, for now, that's enough.