Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dinner For One: Crostini


I've heard a lot of horror stories about college dining hall food. From gaining the freshman 15 to not having any variety of options, it seems that the general consensus states that college dining sucks. Luckily, I go to the best college ever and have the absolute best food. It's Awesome. I'm spoiled. However, that also means I have no idea how to feed myself in the real world. I have a couple of easy and (moderately) healthy go-tos that are satisfying and pretty easy to make (and clean up.)


I tend to go for easy snack-able meals that don't require too much fuss and can be eaten in front of the TV, and these crostini are a great option. The instructions are simple: toast some french bread and then top them off with whatever combinations you have in the fridge. The cream cheese and avocado combo is one of my favorites and gets a lot of play because its so simple, while still feeling a teensy bit gourmet. The other combo I tried today is chèvre and tapenade, mostly because I've been on an olive kick lately. The goat cheese and olives both have a bit of a sharpness to them that goes really well together. So there you have it. A light and easy meal with a little bit of crunch.