Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Saying Goodbye

It couldn't last forever.

Summer is over and it is time for me to go back to school to start my senior year of college. It is time to say goodbye to the reckless relaxing spontaneous adventure I've been having for the past three months and to return to the real world. If I'm being completely honest, I'm stoked.

I want to get going already! I want to embark on the next journey. After this school year, I don't know what I'll be doing. I might be starting a job as a project manager for an advertising agency. I might be choosing to go the grad school route and continuing my pursuit of education. I might be looking for gallery or museum jobs, or even cultivating my own love of design and creation. I might be starting a nonprofit or trying to increase female representation in the Hollywood apparatus. Who knows! I might be just as confused as I am now (but hopefully not!) Everything is possibility and opportunity and I am just going to bask in that feeling for as long as possible.

I've thought a lot this summer about what next year means for me and about what it means to be an adult. I'm not sure I've figured out that grown-up responsible thing just yet. But who's in a hurry? I am sad to be letting go of this blogging adventure. It was always supposed to be temporary, something that would end as my senior year begins. However, I feel like I've really accomplished something here. Between the frivolous food posts and incoherent late-night ramblings, I have started to find my voice. I am beginning to assemble the bits and pieces of my passions into something vaguely resembling a life. I will continue writing and chronicling my adventures at my website as the year continues, trying to make the most of every moment I am given.

The Last Seattle Summer is coming to an end, but my life is just beginning.